Latest Posts

Comments on the He Case

The Supreme Court decision on the He case recently came down. Firstly, it was a beautiful decision. Well written and well reasoned. It was critical of the trial court appropriately with being disrespectful or undermining their authority. I’ve read a…
Read more

What’s Wrong With The Child Support System?

Recently I expressed distress to other attorneys for what I feel is unreasonably high child support payments mandated by current guidelines. Coming from an economics background I recognize that the cost allocations are incorrect in that they seem to come…
Read more

Valuing a Father’s Time with Children

Year after year, studies continue to show that children fare better the more time they spend with their fathers. Yet, fewer than 30% of single fathers have sole or joint physical custody of their minor children, and the remaining 70%…
Read more

Learning to Ride the Marital Storm Can Lead to Calm Waters

A survey, carried out for the BBC, said the preferred lifestyle of 62 per cent of adults would be “married with kids”. This was in stark contrast to the number of respondents – just four per cent – who wanted…
Read more