Many cases can get settled simply by getting the parties together to talk. This type of informal meeting is called a “settlement conference.” The following steps can help you prepare for a settlement conference and improve the chances of its success:
1. Identify the issues in your case.
2. Understand how the law affects your case.
3. Know the estimated costs of trial.
4. Remain open to unique opportunities.
5. Keep a few secrets.
6. Be determined.
7. Be ready for a little give and take.
8. Be patient.
9. Get it in writing.